On Sun, 04 Feb 2001 Sivakatirswami <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ditto that from our press shop where we "live and breath" digital ps script
> files and putting ink on paper in the classiest possible way is what we do
> everyday. Though I don't have any "clients" at hand. . .the potential apps
> that one could build if MC had high end print capabilities are fairly
> awesome. The "AppleFrance" application mentioned above could be duplicated
> for all sorts of MC eBooks where you would also offer teachers  high res
> printing options for classroom distribution, and most home printers now are
> .ps enabled.

News to me.  AFAIK, nearly all home printers are inkjets and there
aren't any printers of that type that support PostScript.  Even the
majority of laser printers don't support PS but instead use PCL or
some other proprietary language (PS being too expensive to license and
requiring a lot more RAM and CPU power than the alternatives).  Even
that minority of laser printers that do support PS also have the
proprietary language and are frequently set up such that they default
to using the proprietary language unless you make some changes at the
control panel.  Or am I misinformed somehow?
  Regards,
    Scott

PS: yes, I changed the subject header: The old one seemed to have
nothing to do with any of this ;-)