The problem:
If mc starts up with an internet connection that is cancelled then resumed,
both the 'url and 'load' command involve the script waitings until the
request fails (takes about 30 seconds) before executing the next line.

Kevin wrote:
>Not sure: how about checking if there is a connection before running the load
>command?  E.g. use sockets to perform a simple download of something and
set the
>socketTimeOutInterval to be very short.

I'm not a 'socket person'. Does anyone have such a wee beast available?

On a related note, 'url' and 'load' fail when connecting to the internet
AFTER mc has started up, requiring the user to exit completely and
re-launch. Seems a bit harsh!

/H

Hugh Senior

The Flexible Learning Company
Consultant Programming & Software Solutions
Fax/Voice: +44 (0)1483.27 87 27
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: www.flexibleLearning.com