On 28/3/01 7:43 pm, Phil Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That has happened to me several times over the last few months. The last
> time was earlier this month: I received MC list mail normally until I
> responded to a message. For the rest of that day I still received MC list
> mail, but starting the next day I was apparently no longer subscribed.
>
> Go figger. And of course now I'll have to check tomorrow and see if I'm
> still subscribed. :-\

If your email server returns a terminal error delivering a certain number of
times, you will be auto-suspended.  I know a handful of people have written
in about this, but given the number of subscribers we have its really not
many as a percentage.  The software is perhaps a little too sensitive but we
haven't got the resources to change software at this time.  One thing we
could do is go through and send you an email if your subscription is
suspended in this way: would that be helpful?  If you get unsubscribed, you
could try finding a different ISP and subscribe with that - this generally
seems to work.

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited (formerly Cross Worlds Computing).
Tel: +44 (0)131 672 2909.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.