(Apologies for the following long post)

I'm still having problems using MC's POST command and am hoping some kind
soul might offer a suggestion.

I have a form which successfully communicates with a server.  The form's
post action works fine when run from an HTML document.  When run from MC, I
get a server error.

Following MC's post syntax:

   post <expression> to url <url>

I place the action from my form into <url>, which looks something like this:

   http://www.specialserver.com/request.cfm?method=post&action=register

My <expression> is some simple field values, which are urlEncoded, and read
like this:

   value1=var1+var2&value2=var3&value3=var4

When I post the above expression to <url> I get an "operation failed" server
error.  When I try moving the last two values of <url> into the expression
like this:

   method=post&action=register&value1=var1+var2&value2=var3&value3=var4

...and send this to the updated <url>, I get an empty response (failure).

Based on a suggestion from a previous project, I tried setting the
httpHeaders like this:

   set the httpHeaders to "Host: www.specialserver.com" & crlf &
   "Connection: Close:" & crlf

and also tried this:

   set the httpHeaders to "Host: www.specialserver.com/request.cfm" & crlf &
   "Connection: Close:" & crlf

...which results in a server generated HTML error that says the system
cannot find the specified file.

I don't know what else to try.  Any suggestions?

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director, Tactile Media

Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design