Hope this is right, just got round to installing Linux at home, so will be
learning for real from now:

#!/usr/bin/mc

is the shebang line for a .mt script (if /usr/bin/mc is the ath to Metacard)

#! /bin/ksh

is the start of a shell script (in this case the ksh script). However I am
reliably informed that these are infact quite different things. So the fact
that metacard can do .mt scripts doesn't mean these are Shell script (which
is kind of what I thought previously).

Now I have an application that can pipe stuff to a shell script for
processing before going on doing it's job. Didn't get it working with the
.mt scripts though. Is this because (as above .mt scripts are not shell
scripts? In this case how do i get data into Metacard and back to the
application (would this be via a a shell script that in turn call MC)?

Any examples would help... NB I am dealing with proc,ail recipe's so this is
the syntax to pipe the mail message to the "cat" command...

:0 fbw
  | cat - footer.txt

Any help appreciated,

David