>A common task in xTalks involves dragging objects with the mouse.  In many
>cases the grab command works great for this, but for objects like pane
>dividers you need some custom scripting to handle it.
>
>The problem I'm having is that I'm seeing sporadic cases of the mouse not
>releasing control of the object, using scripts I've used in other xTalks for
>years
>
>Is there a more reliable method for doing this sort of thing?

Yes: use a combination of mouseMove and mouseRelease to avoid the repeat
loop in a mouseDown handler.  Scott Raney has explained in the past that
constant polling of the mouse state in MC is very inefficient.  So a
better way is to establish the state of the mouse with a variable on
mouseDown, do your tracking on mouseMove, and then use
mouseUp/mouseRelease to determine when the mouse was "let go".

Regards,

Scott