Hi everyone.

I am currently playing around with the 2.4 beta, and have a couple of
questions regarding sound recording and unusual behaviour.

I have been using Tuvias "recordsound" example stack to record sounds
with several settings (including the default settings), but when I
play back the sounds using the QuickTime Player or Windows Media
Player (for the formats it can play), the sound is played back at
what seems roughly half speed.

Using the <play "c:\sample"> command to play back the recorded sound
from within MetaCard is even worse - harsh squeels are emitted from
the speaker.

Has anyone else had this sort of behaviour from the beta, and can
anyone suggest a work around? eg., an external equivalent with some
example 'how to use this' code? (Macintosh or Windows).

I am really wanting to test this all on a Macintosh too, but there
does not seem to be a Macintosh beta version - only the engines are
in the ftp.metacard.com :2.4 :macos.sit file for some reason, not the
development environment (am I looking in the wrong place?).

Thanks,
Mark
--
MCS, PO Box 259, Dunedin, New Zealand