>Has anyone managed to get the recordsound stack or the record command
>to work on a Macintosh, and if so, would they be willing to share
>their experience? eg., "it just worked" or "here are the 8 steps I
>needed to use" :-)

Yup. It works fine. Well almost fine...

* Don't use 8 bit recording as it sounds terrible (like some sort of very
bad downsampling error)
* Record at 22.025 kHz. Recording at 44 kHz generates a file with the wrong
playback speed. So does 48 kHz. Strangely 32 kHz doesn't.
* I recorded without any compresssion as well.

All in all recording does work but it needs more work. But then again this
is a beta version so it is early days yet...

Michael