| I didn't have time to play with Pierre's thing yet but I kept wondering
| what's the benefit of padding each name with ___ to keep a fixed number of
| chars in the column names?
|
| Regards, Andu Novac

        Ah, hi

        I guess I should have posted one mail of 'gotchas' I found to
        the list, there is a separate group confering on this but I
        think it's list material.

        Anyway, I'm wondering the same thing but I found it easier to
        comply than switch.  I first set up my postgres table without
        the extra underscores but then found .. oh darn, Pierre has
        done a lot of working coding SQL statements in his stack using
        those field names so if you change them, you have to change
        all his code .. and THEN when he releases a new version (3
        already) you have to do it again.  Darn!

        So it is easier to stick with his conventions.

        ----

        Another on the list of gotchas:

        His abookcgi.mc script assumes psql is in /bin at least in my
        environment.  What I had to do was put the full path name to
        psql.

        In my case the change was to

put "/usr/local/pgsql-7.1.3/bin/psql -h sdwebdev.castandcrew.com abook -U sadhu" into
PgPath

Sadhu