Hi everyone,

I have been developing in MetaCard 2.4.3 for a long time. I've stayed at 2.4.3 for a number of reasons, primarily that it's the last version supported under my most recent license! I have also stuck with it, though, since it seems to have less overhead and runs my games faster than Revolution. Am I dreaming, or does MetaCard actually run things faster than Revolution?

2.4.3 appears to not be completely Mac OS X Tiger 10.4 compatible. Moving a stack by the title bar causes the window to automatically resize and move its contents willy-nilly. Example:

Before resize:  http://www.karlbecker.com/before.jpg
After resize bug:  http://www.karlbecker.com/after.jpg

It only happens with certain stacks, but I can't determine the pattern. Small palette windows like the one shown do it, but the MC Tools palette doesn't. A very basic stack I created a couple months ago has the problem, but the MC Home stack is immune. It doesn't matter if the resize corner is present or not.

Suggestions?

Do new versions of MetaCard / Revolution run just as fast as 2.4.3? The programs I create - video games - need all the speed they can get. I'm already pushing the limits of MetaCard's fluidity, and I want to eke out whatever I can speed-wise.

Cheers,
Karl