Right, it's built into the HC engine. MC and Rev don't do that, since their editors are just stacks. The script editor in HyperCard was a dialog resource built into the application and controlled specially by the app code.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay

So that means any MC solution cannot take you from script to script to edit?

One of the biggest issues I've had with list-based search scripts is that I often have dozens of hits spanning multiple stacks. After changing the first three or four, I lose track of which link I clicked on and end up starting over. Plus doing the whole manual Open, Edit, Save and Close script dozens of times :-)

Shari
--
Windows and Macintosh shareware games
BIackjack Gold