However, I still like their standalone builder far better than MC's (and I know you don't use MC's SB either for many of the same reasons.) The way it omits IDE stacks until build time is really a good idea, and so is the build-time password protection which is so handy I can't imagine not using it any more. The auto plist is good too, though I sometimes end up tweaking it later, and the way it will add your app icons on any platform without any effort is a big plus. There's a lot of stuff in the SB that I find superior to MetaCard's. But again, I don't see any reason not to use both IDEs. They each have advantages and I don't feel like I have to choose. I run both IDEs all the time in tandem. I open stacks in whichever one is either not currently in use, or which is more suitable for what I'm doing at the moment.

The Standalone builder in Rev is my biggest complaint in Rev. While I would LOVE to have the SB remember my settings for each program, two of the features of the Rev SB make it unusable for me:

1. That it chokes at my having the Ask/Answer stacks already embedded (I am working to change this but really don't have the time or inclination to redo every proggy I have to appease the IDE at this time).

2. The password issue. I keep certain stacks always password protected. If someone ever stole my computer or gained access to the stacks for any reason, at least I know they would have *some* protection from prying eyes. I would hate to have to remember at build time to protect them, if I forgot and sent them out unto the world naked, I would panic in a big way.

What I do wish an SB would do is:

1.  Remember my settings for each program

2. On Mac, automatically do all the internal stuff so I wouldn't have to open the Contents folder at all to rename the engine, do icons, add stacks, swap pLists, swap that other text file.

Breakfast is calling, must go..........

Shari
--
Windows and Macintosh shareware games