On Jul 13, 2007, at 1:29 AM, Chipp Walters wrote:

So, what to do if there already is a stack with the same name open?
Just curious, would this work?

lock messages
if there is a stack tStackPath then
 put true into tExists
 delete stack tStackPath
else
 put false into tExists
end if
unlock messages

I would think this would work even with namespace collisions, as the
delete stack explicitly names the stacks filepath.

Chipp,

I haven't tried the above code but using "if there is a stack" does load a stack into memory so I would think the collision would happen with that call. What Jerry and I did for Galaxy was write a function to extract the stack name from disk before trying to open it. That was the only reliable method we found to circumvent the problem. But not even that works if there is a substack that will cause a name collision.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems