>There was one case awhile ago where someone who was way off-base made >up
>some false accusations about a well-known and highly respected >dealer and
>posted 5 consecutive complaints against him on eBay.   >Since he could
>prove that he was in Africa at the time, there was no >question at all.
>eBay did remove the complaints to restore his good >record.
>Ron Hartman
>www.meteorite1.com

Nope. You are wrong on the reason here. There is no way that that could have
happened. I dont know details but ebay will not remove feedback for that
reason that you were away (After all, he did list an auction so any feedback
from it is valid as far as ebay is concerned - you cant receive feedback
without listing an auction. Ebay will let you list an auction if you are in
africa).
They would have removed it for a totally different reason as it violated
ebays feedback rules. Ebay has something called "feedback bombing". If
somebody leaves 3 or more negative feedbacks for somebody ebay considers it
abuse and will remove it. The maximun number of negative feedbacks that you
can leave a seller (Or buyer) is two.
So since this unnamed person had 5 negatives left to him the negatives were
a violation of ebays feedback rules (The " feedback bombing" rule) as so
ebay would be willing to remove it - wither they consider it valid or not.
Sincerely
DEAN