Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2002 7:39 PM
Subject: [meteorite-list] Photos of Meteorites

Hello Everyone,

I have started taking an interest in attempting "nice" photos of the meteorites in my collection and I was doing some experimenting yesterday with a 600+ gram sikhote-alin.  Here is what I think is the best image:

Some on the list have done some amazing photography and I was wondering if some of you photo experts would take a look and give me some advice on lighting, background, positioning, etc.  For this image, I used the flash on the digitial camera and two high intensity photofloods on either side of the specimen.  Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

-Walter
Walter Branch, Ph.D.
Branch Meteorites
322 Stephenson Ave., Suite B