Which Rob and Mike are you all talking about? I am not a member of the IMCA because when it was created I was traveling often, and had no time. Since then I have not heard much about it. There are many mikes on this list, please be more specific.
Mike Farmer
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2002 6:57 PM
Subject: [meteorite-list] IMCA, Blood's comments

 From M. Blood..

Rob, Mike & all,
We all know Rob & Mike are 100% honest & stand by their material.
Why aren't you guys members?  Since, as I understand it, the primary
purpose of IMCA is to guarentee authenticity, why would anyone NOT be
a member?
If we aren't all in this togeather, then it is really worthless,
impotent
nonsense. (or, maybe I'm missing something - if so, someone please tell
me what it is)
Rob & Mike, I'm listening - tell me the strait poop - perhaps you have
good reasons, in which case I will bale as well. If not, then let's all
do the
right thing.
And Rhett, let's not be shy, here, or what's the point.
RSVP
Best wishes, Michael

Michael,

I think this is a very bad ideal.  It is not our job or responsibility to police or try to control the market.  The IMCA is a step and should be looked as such.  I had the ideal of a dealers award. This could be another IMCA step.  We could and should look for ways to expand it.  This is not one of them (I believe).

I run probley more meteorite auctions on eBay then anyone.  I will not put any statement in my auctions telling bidders to only buy from IMCA members.  For several reasons.  One that comes to my head is I do not agree with all the members on their choice of ethics.

Me and you (Blood) have both had problems with one member that has still not sent me a refund promised even in an e-mail to the list (Brad Sampson).  (Yes Brad I understand, you lost my address the 8th time I sent it to you and you cant find my e-mail and couldnt find me in the meteorite-list archives).

The IMCA from my understanding...as a member...only promises the meteorite is real.  So I have no problem with others "ethnics"....the moment this changes I will have to see if this is a membership I wish to be a part of.

Mark Bostick "The Big Collector"