Elton, Rosie, Steve and others,

This is a tiresome subject.

Rosie you were right on target last week when discussing  the attitude of
Steve who seems to often be offering his "mine is better than yours"
attitude, and again today when you commented on Elton's attempt to lead
Steve to better deals. I would have to say the number of willing "traders"
out there is shrinking by the day. The approach taken by Steve is brash and
irritating. The rumors of some of these dealings are not surprising. I'm
sure a book could be written about them all but who would want to read it. I
think he even dreams of  such a book. No fame will come from the approach
taken.

Steve, you should treasure your collection a little more. The revolving door
approach demonstrates that these things are nothing more than badges to
you...and we have the problem of having to experience your presentations
with each new wonder...it is not appealing to me or most others I would
suspect. I understand the idea that these are like cash, and trading is one
of our options as collectors. But you seem to have developed a new method.

Steve, I think you might be surprised at how many awesome, intact (for the
most part) meteorite collections that are out here. Many awesome specimens
that were acquired at a great price or through a great deal.

Here is to the true collectors. Here is to field collecting of any
kind...that is where your mind begins to treasure what discovery and
collection is all about. Everyone should do both if they can. I would not
trade many of my personal earthy finds...even for a slice of marjalahti.

Well, to all those going to Tucson...have a safe and enjoyable trip, and
hopefully get along with each other. I would love to be there to meet all of
you, including Steve. But I'll remain back east dreaming of Gold Basin and
the rest of the show. Report in please.

As suggested by others:   Steve...it is time to lay low and cool it...both
here on the list, in your dealings and in Tucson.

This is a tiresome subject.

John Divelbiss
"Herman-75"

IMCA 2006