Hi Alan,
1963, that's when I sent my first piece of basalt to Denver. I received a
nice card, a couple leaflets, and a copy of "When a Comet Strikes the
Earth" back in the mail. I still have all those items. I quickly stopped
collecting basalt so the little book helped. Look forward to hearing from
some more of the oldtimers.
Jim Tobin

    Jim Tobin
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]