Jim and List,
The best person to answer this question would be our Holbrook historical expert and fellow List member, Dave Andrews. I can't recall Dave ever mentioning the boy in any of our conversations.

However, I am aware of at least one eyewitness to the Holbrook fall that is still alive. Pauline McCleve was 17 when the event happened and is now 106 years old. Over the years, I have talked with her on several occasions and up until two years ago her memory was still quite sharp. Her health has now deteriorated to a point that she cannot communicate with nor recognize family members. Her recollection of the fall and the recovery of meteorites by her father, uncle and fiance would vary from time to time, but overall, her story was quite interesting. Fortunately, this story (along with some old photographs..we hope) is well preserved by her daughter and grandson.

Best,

John Gwilliam