John Gwilliam:

he went on a tirade about the unjust way that he was being treated....blah blah blah blah blah!  The ranting and raving went on for three emails.....[snip].......Could this be Steve's unhappy buyer?   Rob's short payer?

All of a sudden I'm reminded of yet ANOTHER third-person story I heard quite a while ago (from two dealers independent of each other) of a dealer/customer who ordered material, agreed to regular monthly payments, but then asked for a postponement in the midst of the agreement, saying he couldn't afford the payments.  But a little investigation revealed that this dealer/customer was actively, concurrently winning (and paying for) expensive ebay auctions at the same time.  It was pointed out to him rather strongly that he should be paying off existing creditors and agreements, before taking on new debts and paying them instead.

If all FOUR of these stories involve the same person (and face it, with what we've heard so far, would that really be a stretch?), I would strongly suggest that potential customers use exactly the same tactics with him, that have come to light in the last 24 hours (that's assuming of course, that people choose to continue to do business with him at all, a big assumption).  The message might sink in, although as I think about it, in the case of my theatre-folk, common sense rarely sinks in if there's not much there to begin with.

Are you out there, O Unknown Dealer/Collector?   No one enjoys mob-rule or an unfair witchhunt, but on the other hand, if no one steps forward to set the record straight, we can only assume it already is.

       Gregory