From: drtanuki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26 February 2004 14:42
To: mark ford; meteorite-list
Subject: Survival after a large impact event (Delete if you don`t wish to know)

Dear List Members,
       Survival of such event for most of the "civilized" world will suddenly
become impossible.  Imagine no food, water, heat, communications, transportation, and
etc.  Only those in the so-called third world will have the best chance at survival.
The average person in most countries does not have the ability to grow food, use tools
or make shelter, let alone survive the "shock and awe" (I hate to use the words of
tyrants.) of such a global event.  Suddenly most of the world will be in the dark,
cold and starving.
     Suddenly the world with "backward" and "uneducated" lifestyles will have a better
advantage to survive than the elite of the world.  Peoples in sparsely populated areas
and living as hunter-gatherers will have the highest probability of survival followed
by low technology agriculturalists.   Both upper northern latitudes and lower southern
latitudes will be thrown into deep freeze.   Acid rain and dust will rain for months.
     Such a happy future to be a dinosaur.  Man will finally be humbled; but some life
will continue certainly different as we know it now.
     NO GOVERNMENT in its right mind would give advance warning even if scientists do
detect the object in time.  So far, our best science is not even near early detection
and even if it were there would be no plus gain.
    Modern technology will not be the savior of mankind that it appears, nor will
capitalism or any conventional system; it will be mans' downfall.
    Sorry for the burden of knowing for those that didn`t want to know.  I will take
my meditation now.  Sincerely, Dirk Ross....Japan

Do you Yahoo!?