Hello Matt and list,

Matt wrote "I believe Nininger himself, credited the Paragould stone as his starting point."

Paragould was a turning point in Nininger's life.  However, Nininger does state in Find a Falling star, "The Covert Meteorites gave me assurance that my theory would be fruitful, and I was now determined to resign my teaching position as soon as my finance were in better shape, and devote my time to meteorites. I proposed to lecture, hunt meteorites, and supply specimens to museums."

In my humble opinion, Covert proved the Nininger Field Program...as we now call it.

Mark Bostick

www.meteoritearticles.com