Mark:
I believe Nininger himself, credited the Paragould stone as his starting point.
Matt
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of MARK BOSTICK
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 7:26 AM
To: Anita Westlake; Meteorite List
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Bring the Paragould Meteorite home

Hello Anita, John and list

Anite wrote "Eventually, Nininger bought it for six thousand dollars and had to resell it to support his habit (buying meteorites!)"

I have been talking with Larry Hancock the last week plus but did not know of his complete interest in the meteorite, until John posted the article.  I should note Anita that Nininger paid $3500 for the stone, and sold it for $6200.00, which he figured gave him a $2000 profit after everything figured in.  The funds from the Paragould meteorite was used by Nininger to leave his secure teaching career. And while most credit this meteorite for the start of his new "career".  I would credit the meteorite Nininger recovered before this, Covert as the key stone.  This was the third find in one area by Nininger and convinced him his program would work......Paragould just finished the funds.

Information on the Covert meteorite, http://www.meteoritearticles.com/Covert.html

Mark Bostick