*snip*
        Could everyone on the list have SOME consideration for
a person offering material? I know it is hard. Many is the time
I have wanted to jump right in and say, "Hay, everyone, I have
the same material at 60% (or less) of that cost!" or, "Hay, I have
one a bit bigger (or smaller), too,"  but I don't. It is a rude thing
to do to the original advertiser.
        Let's all have a little more consideration for the other guy.
At least wait until his/her sale is concluded before offering up
our own stuff.
*snip*

Is that not being equally rude to your potential customers? Personally as a buyer I'd be ticked off if I bought something today at X and then saw it offered on the list at .5X tomorrow

Not only would I be ticked if I knew the potentially lower priced seller had been holding out so that I'd spend more money somewhere else, but I would be left with the impression that the guy I DID buy the stuff from took me for a ride...

I have often times seen spats on the list when someone offers to undercut the price of someone else selling the same material. A long time ago one of these spats involved 2 people in particular. 1 of them sold me a certain fall at LITERALLY 6% of the current asking price of the guy who was complaining about being undersold. Now tell me, who should the meteorite buying community be more concerned about being polite to, the guy selling meteorites for a fair, consitantly low price, or the guy selling the same stuff for 1667% higher prices? (this is obviously an extreem case). In a free market society the person with the lowest sales price for the same service and same product is supposed to get the sale.

One final note, I too am obviously commenting on a particular behavior, and not refering to the specific instance that prompted your post.

Stan