Dear Keith, LIST,

So, archaeology ~smarkeology, lets get back to meteorite topics and stave this trouble making duck of what's seemingly become a personal agenda.

Let the archaeology duck seek somewhere else to squawk and discharge waste product.

Sincerely,
Dave F.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

dean bessey wrote:

FIRST YOU MISQUOTE AND PUT WORDS INTO AN ARCHAELOGISTS MOUTH THAT HE NEVER SAID. AND NOW YOU ARE EVEN
MISQUOTING YOURSELF. NOW YOU SAY:

I am not misquoting the archaeologist, as far as
the potential illegal and unethical nature of
trading and owning artifacts composed of Libyan, which is what was being discussed. What the archaeologist stated in a post made by a professional archaeologist to the "Archaeology List". The full post can found at:

http://listserv.tamu.edu/cgi/wa?A2=ind0406&L=arch-l&F=&S=&P=4205

If anyone is putting completely false words into s
person's mouth, it is Mr. Dean. When I talked about
flakes below, I ***wasn't** talking about natural pieces of Libyan Desert Glass when I wrote:

Despite what you have stated, he and other professional archaeologists have made it very clear, contrary to you have claimed, me that even picking an LDG flake up off the shifting sandy desert floor and transporting it / exporting it without permission

from either Egypt or Libya is unethical

and illegal behavior. It doesn't matter if this Egyptian or Libyan"

When I was using the term "flake" I was using the term in its archaeological definition. In this definition, a flake is a man-made artifact. In that case, I was talking about artifacts, not natural pieces of LDG. I apologize if that terminology wasn't clear. However, if
had bothered to look at the context of the discussion,
instead of flying off the handle, you would have seen that I consistently referred to **artifacts** composed of Libyan Desert Glass in the discussion as being potential illegal to trade in.

Dean wrote:

SO NOW YOU 100% CONLICT WITH WHAT YOU SAID TWO DAYSAGO. MAYBE YOU HAVE JUST NOW CHANGED YOUR MIND?

I didn't change my mind, it is just that their some confusion of the definition of "flake"/ If Dean would bother to read the various posts it is quite clear that only artifacts composed of Libyan Desert Glass is being discussed.

Only time will tell whether people need to be
careful about trading in artifacts composed
of Libyan Desert Glass.

Yours,

Keith
Louisiana