Matson, Robert wrote:
Hi All,

Is someone keeping track of all the guesses for the classification
of the new Norwegian fall?  ;-)  I guess I can go back through the
archives and collect them all.

Based purely on statistics of falls, I'd be disinclined to join the
chorus and pick carbonaceous chondrite.  An ordinary chondrite is
far more probable.  That said, this doesn't much look like an H-
or L-chondrite.  But equilibrated LL works for me.

If I had to pick a carbonaceous type, I would rule out CB, CH, CI,
CM, CV and CR.  That leaves only CO and CK, and it looks more like
a CK to my eye than CO.  CKs are also very paramagnetic.  --Rob

Paramagnetic? Are you shure you don't mean ferromagnetic? Paramagnetic is a very weak form of magnetic attraction, for example aluminium which is a strong paramagnetic material.
The type of magnetism displayed by iron and nickel is called ferromagnetic.

I'm not trying to bring back the old magnetic discussion again, just commenting on a detail.

I'm trying to decide if I will go to Norway or not, I have some things to do but I could go there in a few days. I will probably go in the end, a fall this close isn't happening too often but I have other things to do...

In any case, this is interesting.

 :-)

/Göran