In the photo which was shown, if you look just to the SE of the 10km legend
mark on the photo you will see 2 additional craters the one on the left of the
photo being slightly higher. These 2 craters are Hole-In-The-Ground and Big
Hole both are generally accepted as Maar craters from exploding volcanic gas.
Both craters lie on the shore of an ancient lake. I would venture to guess this
is one of those ancient lakes. If you use Google Earth and look at this
structure you will see what appears to be secondary craters within the
structure. As I personally have not been out there yet, I am not ruling out the
possibility of an impact crater though is seems somewhat unlikely.

Cj Lebel