Cc: "'Thomas Webb'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] "How Do You Know It's A Meteorite"?

Hello All,

  My answer is very simple - "we don't know until a reputable lab says
so".

If the questioner has need for further response I am glad to do so by
using some of the techniques described by our esteemed colleagues on
this list. If the individual(s) is rational and not in a lather about
how it is a meteorite regardless and the wealth and fame that is to
follow, this works pretty well.

All the best.

Greg Redfern