Hi all, I have a PCR problem and I can really use some help. This is an
established protocol we've been using for genotyping for a while. I'd say half
of the time it works beautifully. Sometimes we get multiple bands. Sometimes I
get smears for one set of primers but not the other set. Once I got nice bands
for some DNA sample but smear for others while I extracted those samples
together. I use the DNA sample for other PCRs and they work just fine. I use my
mastermix and PCR machine for other PCRs too so I don't think there's a problem
there. Can anybody give me some pointers as to why this keeps happening?

Thank you very much!