I try to be standards-compliant whenever possible. The W3
spec<http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/Elements/img>for images requires an alt tag
for most images: "When an a element that
creates a hyperlink, or a button element, has no textual content but
contains one or more images, the alt attributes must contain text that
together convey the purpose of the link or button." As far as I can tell,
Mezzanine's media library does not provide a way to add alt tags to images,
so if I want to use those images in sliders and the like, I can't provide
alt text for them (for use in a caption, for example). I can, of course,
add alt tags directly to images used in templates, but this is not a
flexible solution.

Or maybe I'm just missing something really obvious. Is there an alt tag
function somewhere in Mezzanine?