> I have just deployed my first Mezzanine project and I agree with what you
> say: the deployment was clearly the most difficult part.
> I used fabric too, but it's not very easy but once it works it really
> saves you a lot of time. I have the feeling that when a step goes wrong in
> fab deploy, it begins to do strange things.
> So, instead running fab all, I run:
> * fab install
> * fab create
> * fab deploy

Thank you, it helped a lot.
I'm trying to make 'fab create' work until the end. I've made many step
forward, but now I'm getting this error:

django.db.utils.OperationalError: fe_sendauth: no password supplied

This is probably because I haven't defined DB_PASS in settings.py.
What's the secure way to define these sensible variables (passwords, secret
keys, etc.) out of the source repository (even if it's private)?

Another important question: if 'fab create' fails and I want to run it
again, it seems that I have no other option than accepting the removal and
start again from the beginning. A huge waste of time and resources. There's
no other way?