> First of all, the DATABASES options are divided in 3 files:
>>
>> - local_settings.py: the setting for local development. By default,
>> sqlite is used. I wonder what's the best approach if I know that I want to
>> deploy on PostgreSQL on the server. Should I work on PostgreSQL locally as
>> well?
>> - live_settings.py: this also is pretty clear, it contains the server
>> settings (I found out that it can be left untouched, as long as settings.
>> py is complete)
>> - settings.py: IIUC, any settings here will be overridden by the two
>> settings above, so I can ignore the DATABASE section. Is it correct?
>>

> Can anyone please reply on the last question above?
>
> I've managed to sync local and server manually, but I'd like to be able to
> do it with Fabric.
> One problem may be that the owner of the database created by Fabric is
> always %(proj_name)s, no matter what I put in the settings. I've tried to
> write the server user name (string) both in settings and live_settings.py,
> but fabric seems to ignore it.

The awful "workaround" is deleting the database created by fabric and then
doing a manual dump.
My site is live now, but I'd really like to know what's wrong with my
configuration.

If someone wants to help me privately, send me a message. I can offer some
small donation for the help.
Thanks
Federico