I am actually on same boat.  I have seen discussion that Mezzanine will
soon release with Django 1.8 LTS.  I am guessing Cartridge will be there
too.  Is Cartridge behind on supporting Django 1.8?  I have not loaded dev
version yet but I am planning to.

Since I start a new project now, it makes sense for me to download latest
dev versions with Django 1.8, instead of working on 1.6.x

Thanks,
William