To complete my previous answer you can specify the commit you wish to use
to pip instead of HEAD/master

Cartridge was still compatible with mezzanine before the merge of PR #1265
and will be as soon as we report the changes back to it.

Just use a commit number that is before this merge (for instance the one I
gave you previously) and you will have compatibility:

pip install -e git+
https://github.com/stephenmcd/mezzanine.git@<the_commit_you_d_like_to_get>#egg=Mezzanine

<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fstephenmcd%2Fmezzanine.git%23egg%3DMezzanine-master&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHCsSEd9DN-Hl0kGx_jPQbE_KD2Eg>
pip install -e git+https://github.com/stephenmcd/cartridge.git#egg=Cartridge