Hello,

I opted today to install django-ckeditor for a single field in the project.
This is overkill, but in
line with the field requirements,

It is an "answer to a FAQ" model field. So I only want to provide inline
markup, including links,
excluding images. Source editing is allowed for the rare cases where something
else is needed
and to get rid of richtext formatting when pasting.

In order to do this in Mezzanine, I'd have to:
- subclass RichTextField to override the TinyMCE widget class
- provide a different JS setup file
- inject a filter into RICHTEXT_FILTERS somehow only for the field (haven't
figured out exactly
how to do that) to get rid of block-level tags

Using django-ckeditor I have to:
- create an 'inline' editor profile and add it to settings
- select the above mentioned profile for the field using config_name='inline'

Backwards compatibility / legacy aside - what are the advantages to Mezzanine's
current
approach and disadvantages to either adopting django-ckeditor's approach or
replacing the
current RichTextField with django-ckeditor's?

Please know that this post isn't meant to be demeaning or inflamatory. I'm
pondering if these
avenues are worth investigating for a new major release.

--
Melvyn Sopacua