On Friday 02 June 2017 20:03:20 Ryne Everett wrote:
> The direction this discussion goes hinges on whether ckeditor is a
> preferable editor to tinymce or if django-ckeditor just has a more
> powerful RichTextField implementation than Mezzanine.

Yes, that is why I said, if we take the approach django-ckeditor has taken.
Under the hood, the editor is still configured through something resembling
TinyMCE's
config.js and I'm pretty sure all of them work in the same way (just having
different names
and configurable features).

Personally, I see advantages to either editor. But I see a clear advantage to
the
RichTextField implementation of django-ckeditor versus Mezzanine's. There's
three possible
avenues:

1) Ditch current implementation and integrate django-ckeditor. Least favorable,
as it would
break many sites and upset people who have invested time in shaping TinyMCE.
2) Implement the approach to RichTextField and global editor configuration from
django-
ckeditor, but leave TinyMCE as default. Introducing as little incompatibilities
as possible
would be the hard part.
3) Decide it's too much work for too little gain.

--
Melvyn Sopacua