We might want to line up a meeting with one of the times Dan Frye is in
town since he's IBM's Mr. Linux to the outside world. You might want to ask
Jim Gleason for some suggestions too. NYC is not far, so he might have some
good ideas and lessons learned from their experience.
I also suggest down the road you make the meeting 2 tracks (I know, that
means multiple rooms), one for beginners and one for advanced topics. You
can find out the needs of the group by doing a quick 3-4 question survey at
the end of each meeting. I've been involved with the HVPMI chapter for
years and there are >200 members, but only 25-35 who are involved and
actually do things or care who the speakers are, so don't pull your hair
out trying to please everybody. If somebody makes a suggestion get them to
follow up on making it happen for the whole group.

Regards,
Peggy McKeon PMP
Manager IBM Linux Enablement Development
Dept E6AA, Phone 845-435-5735, t/l 295-5735
Fax  845-433-2379
http://ltc.linux.ibm.com
http://www.ibm.com/linux/ltc

Internal: IBMUSM10(MMCKEON)  e-mail address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Solutions Info: http://www.ibm.com/servers/solutions/linux/integrated/
http://www.ibm.com/partnerworld/pwhome.nsf/weblook/eserver_platform.html
---------------------- Forwarded by Peggy McKeon/Poughkeepsie/IBM on
01/06/2003 09:30 AM ---------------------------





Sean Dague <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@lists.dague.net on 01/02/2003 11:21:33 AM

Sent by:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]


To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:

Subject:    [mhvlug]welcome!




Hey all,

I'm officially kicking off the MHVLUG mailing list, which was set up right
before the holidays.  As some/all of you know, we've set the first meeting
for MHVLUG at March 5th, 2003.  I'm going to keep the website
http://mhvlug.org as up to date as I can with all the new information, so
please check it out often.

We do not yet have a speaker for the first meeting, so any ideas would be
welcome.  Mike Grundy kicked in the ideas that we try to get Eric Raymond
(as he is down in Phili and might be interested in kicking off a new user
group.)  I know that Mad Dog Hall has spoken at Marist in the past, so he
might be a good pick as well.  Beyond that, there are probably some other
IBM Linux folks that we might be able to rope into it as well.

Anyone have any good suggestions here?  Please let me know.

 -Sean

--
_______________________________________________________________________

Sean Dague                [EMAIL PROTECTED]               http://dague.net

There is no silver bullet.  Plus, werewolves make better neighbors than
zombies, and they tend to keep the vampire population down.
 _______________________________________________________________________

*******Attachment(s) have been removed*******




_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to