Good Job! I thought the first meeting was great. I've been inspired to setup IPTABLES on my systems and maybe spread any info. on to others. So far I've got a very lax IPTABLES MASQ working on RedHat versions: v7.2, Adv. Server 2.1, v7.3, and v8.0. Now I need to look at how to tighten the 'rules' to make more secure chains. Has anyone done this with Redhat and if anyone has questions about it, can ask.. Furthermore, I didn't recompile the kernel because the mods for iptables are 'extensible' and basically already in place; now is it really all that much better to recompile the the kernel? If so, why? Also, I would be very interested in particapating in the install fest; sounds pretty cool. :-P
-m1cha3l
--------------------------------
MIKE *capitalized noun* 1. A person who enjoys learning the details of computer systems and how to stretch their capabilities--as opposed to most users of computers, who prefer to learn on ly the minimum amount necessary. 2. One who programs enthusiastically or who enjoys programming rather than just theorizing about programming.
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Web Hosting - establish your business online
