[...]
questions about it, can ask.. Furthermore, I didn't recompile the kernel because the mods for iptables are 'extensible' and basically already in place; now is it really all that much better to recompile the the kernel? If so, why?

The iptables tools are generally in place, but whether or not your kernel is configured to be able to use them is another thing altogether. The options are not default on kernels one gets from kernel.org, but the kernel that ships with your distro might. If you're already doing an iptables masq on your system, the kernel probably supports most if not all of what you could have.


I actually don't know what the defaults are for Slackware (my distro of choice), since the very first thing I do (after setting a root password) is recompile the kernel.
-porkchop
_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to