----------------Redhat printing Q&A
-------------------------

"printer question. I have a windows XP box with a usb
Epson 785epx photoprinter attached to it. I also have
a RH 7.2 box that I want to print form."-Thanks in
advance
Bill

Hey Bill,  I'm sorry you aren't having that much luck
with Windows XP but what else would you expect? (just
kidding)  I've tried it with RH v8 without any issues
just for fun; but instead I would have normally made
it a network printer with hardware (like linksys or HP
Jet Direct)

First off, I would make sure you can print to the
offending XP box from another  w2k/XP box. Secondly, I
would try connecting to the XP box (which you have
done) with smbclient -L 192.168.0.x . Thirdly, start
printconf or printconf-gui.  In printconf-gui, of
course choose a SMB Windows printer, then employ these
settings::: SHARE: \\share_name\printer_name  USER:
<xp_login_name> HOSTIP:<192.168.0.x>  PASSWORD:
<xp_login_pass> WORKGROUP: <xp_workgroup>.  Lastly,
choose the LPR printing Daemon (default) instead of
CUPS.  Also, just to make it easier, make sure you are
in runlevel 5. Good luck! and upgrade to version 8...
:-P - MichaelQ

----------------end RH printconf ----------------



=====
-m1cha3l
--------------------------------
MIKE *capitalized noun* 1. A person who enjoys learning the  details of computer 
systems and how to stretch their capabilities--as opposed to most users of computers, 
who prefer to learn only the minimum amount necessary. 2. One who programs 
enthusiastically or who enjoys programming rather than just theorizing about 
programming.

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop!
http://platinum.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to