I asked Sean if there was anything I could do to help out and he suggested I give a hand with the website. So I thought I'd ask what people think about the test geeklog site that Sean had setup at http://test.mhvlug.org/ ? As with anything there are tradeoffs, the test site uses GeekLog which is written in PHP using a mysql backend so it is a little more complex to setup than the html files on the current www.mhvlug.org. The advantage I see to GeekLog is that is has the concept of users and granting multiple people the ability to update the announcements allowing more community control over content. It also allows users to list some personal information and a picture. The advantage to the current site is that it is simpler to maintain static html, it is also more secure as you don't have the PHP code running or mysql. The disadvantage to the current site is that it isn't as flexible to have multiple people working on updates. Thoughts, feedback, etc....


Jim Doherty


_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list - http://mhvlug.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to