Bill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,
>

>I have a new Delll Inspiron 5100 with a 40 gig hd. I have win xp on it
>now.  I want to put at least 2 distro's of linux ( RH9 & Mandrake 9.0)
>and 1 BSD on it. How much space do I to create for Linux?. I was
>thinking 15 gigs for xp. 8 gigs ea for Linux & bsd. Is this a
>realistic partitioning scheme?


Bill,

This is very reasonable. It entirely depends on the number of packages
you will install.

If you want to optimize perfs, I recommend that you create a swap
partition of about 4 times your current RAM (in case you double your
RAM in the future, your swap will still be twice the RAM size) and use
the same swap partition for all Linux distros. They don't
need a separate swap since only one is active at any time. Put the
swap partition on the middle of your HD, or, if you can, on a second
small HD.

  --Fred Mora

_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list - http://mhvlug.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to