First time I sent this it was via a different e-mail addy that the list
doesn't recognize. ignore it when/if you see it Sean

Hi all, haven't done much but lurked since I joined the list a few months
ago. At that time I was trying to get a connection server/firewall set up
for my dial up system which I finally did. Now I just got Optimum Online and
I configured another box with W2K for the short term to get it up and
running which it is (sweet! 5000kbps (I was getting as fast as 26.4kbps on
my dial up)). I would like to get back to my linux connection server (or
should I just go with a router and be done with it?) but I don't know where
to start. I have a Motorola SB5100 Cable Modem running on USB. I have RH 9
but can also use Mandrake 9.1 . First off, can I use the SB5100 with USB in
Linux or do I have to get a second NIC? Next, what do I have to do to have
Linux recognize the SB5100 (it shows up in the "Hardware Browser" as a
Broadcom Corporation USB Cable Modem, Driver unknown but I don't know where
to get/ install a driver for it)?  Finally, where do I go from there? TIA
for any
info.

Wayne

PS, hope to finally make a meeting this week....Told the boss I WILL BE gone
ON-TIME on Wednesday (If I had one wish......ok, make that TWO wishes, I
wish that the meetings started at 7:00-8:00 o'clock)


_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list - http://mhvlug.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to