On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 11:19:46AM -0400, Jesse Weiss wrote:
>    I  have  RH9  with Apache 2.0 running.  Got httpd started without much
>    problem,  but when I try to test by typing localhost, or the IP of the
>    machine,  I get a 403 error message.  Can't figure out where I've gone
>    wrong. I've  set  security  to allow http connections on port 80, from
>    any address.  I am just trying to see the test page for now.
> 
> 
> 
>    I  posted  the  question  on justlinux.com forum, and it was suggested
>    that it was a permissions issue, but the help was not very clear.

First, you'll have to figure out where the DocumentRoot is.  That should be
set somewhere in /etc/httpd/httpd.conf (or /etc/apache/httpd.conf).  Once
you find that directory, you'll have to change the permissions on it so that
apache web user can read those files.  chmod -R 755 on the DocumentRoot
directory.

Also, check out this page: http://www.perlfect.com/articles/chmod.shtml on
UNIX permissions, as it may help.

        -Sean 

-- 
__________________________________________________________________

Sean Dague                                       Mid-Hudson Valley
sean at dague dot net                            Linux Users Group
http://dague.net                                 http://mhvlug.org

There is no silver bullet.  Plus, werewolves make better neighbors
than zombies, and they tend to keep the vampire population down.
__________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list - http://mhvlug.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to