Can you dump the contents of the grub.conf here? I'm not too familiar with Grub, but it sounds like the specification for the root fs is wrong in the file.
Mike On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 13:31, Gary Pagliaro wrote: > Decided to try and install Gentoo on my Athalon 1800 this weekend. Everything seemed > to go well, until I installed Grub. I got the Grub boot/splash screen, booted into > Windows fine.Then I tried Gentoo, and got "kernel panic - unable to mount > filesystem" I know I probably screwed up the syntax of the grub.conf file. I tried > editing the Grub boot from the splash screen, but now neither Gentoo or Windows will > boot. I know I can FDISK /MBR and nuke Grub, but I want to try and get back in. If I > boot off the Gentoo Stage3 install disk, can I get to root and edit my grub.conf > file ? I am fairly new to this, and would appreciate all help, > TIA > Gary > > > _______________________________________________ > mhvlug mailing list - http://mhvlug.org > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug -- Michael Chase-Salerno [EMAIL PROTECTED] IBM Linux Technology Center Poughkeepsie, NY Advanced Linux Response Team http://www.ibm.com/linux _______________________________________________ mhvlug mailing list - http://mhvlug.org [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug
