Gary Pagliaro wrote:

Thanks for all the replies, and I think Reiner was right, but trying to
figure it out I somehow killed my primary Windows partition. So now I
get to spend the next few days installing 2 OS's. Fun Fun Fun




Sorry to hear that, I had my fun with gentoo too, but I did mange not to destroy anything I didn't mean to. I kind of like gentoo, but then I cvsup'd FreeBSD for over 4 years and gentoo's portage is very ports like. Little things like my kernel was too big for silo, I left out DEVFS support when I compiled my kernel, and I left an invalid option on the /boot entry in /etc/fstab. There are things that are just wrong with it, like not shipping vim pre-installed :-). Recovery shouldn't normally be too bad, because you can boot the cdrom, then mount the filesystems and chroot to modify things. Of course you do need to know which filesystems are which, so it helps to write that kind of information down.

Jim Doherty





_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list - http://mhvlug.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to