In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Michael M. Rye
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Holger,
>
> Recently, I decided to open the MiamiDx "About..." window since I hadn't done
> it in a long time.  I found that my personal information contained in that
> window (which probably comes from my keyfile) is way out of date.  I have
> moved twice since I lived at the address that's contained in the information.
>
> Two questions:
> 1) Would it be wise to update that information, like for future
>    MiamiDx upgrades (<cough> 2.x) ???  ;-)

It is not necessary, but you can do so if you want.

> 2) If "Yes" from question #1, how do I go about updating my personal
>    information in the MiamiDx "About..." window ???

Make sure you have your license codes (and upgrade codes, if required)
written down, or ask me for them. Then delete your keyfiles and just
register again. Please note that even though you can use online
registration in MiamiRegister for that, you will not actually get
your keyfiles back online, but later by email. Online registration
or upgrade only completes automatically during the very first
registration/upgrade, not for subsequent ones. For those I need to do
a manual override by email. This is a security precaution to make
sure that someone who steals your license codes cannot "redirect"
your registration to him.

--
Holger Kruse   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
               http://www.nordicglobal.com