On 22-Apr-00, Fred Wright wrote:

> Another reason not to make DST changes on the fly is that MiamiDx doesn't
> pick up the Locale TZ change when running, but it will see the change to
> the clock, thus screwing up the derived UTC.

I'm getting around this little problem with a Daywatch entry set to run at
2:02am in April, and 3:02 in October that will reboot my system.  Since I
have MiamiDx setup to reconnect at startup, it'll put me back online with
the updated TZ and the correct time.  I've got it setup on a 30 second delay
with a requester so that if I'm actually using the computer at that time I
can cancel the reboot.  And thanks to PFS3, the risk of invalidating the HD
due to a reboot while writing to disk is eliminated as well.

--
Roger Clark
[EMAIL PROTECTED]