On 27 Apr 2000, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> MiamiDx supports SOCKS V5 as client as well as as server? In MiamiDx.guide
> the chapter about "Database/SOCKS" indicates that but I missed a clear
> statement.

Well, if it didn't it would be deficient compared to standard Miami, which
I don't think is the intent. :-)

But indeed having both leads to possible confusion over client versus
server configurations.  This is explained in the guide, but isn't
necessarily obvious from the GUI alone.  It might make sense to tweak some
of the text in the client configuration page to make it clear that it
pertains to the client side, as well as renaming Database/Socks to
Database/Socks Client.  These things were inherited from Miami, where it's
unambiguous.

Holger - does enabling both merely cause inefficiency, or does it cause a
malfunction due to circular proxying?

                                        Fred Wright