Martin Steigerwald wrote:
[SNIP]
> But when I tried to /DCC SEND or do initiate /DCC CHAT from my side it
> didnt work. I couldnt get it to work with SOCKS V5 either, but thats maybe
> due to the fact the the persons I tried with are also behind firewalls and
> such.

DCC send and CHAT initation requires a bind() on the client side.  That
entails a bit more work from your client to handle either a SOCKS,
IP-NAT/MASQ style connection.  mIRC does quite a few things in a
non-standard way regarding these connection methods.

Alot of IRC clients currently scan your hostname/IP when you join a
channel so they get the (hopefully) correct address to bind() to.

Regards,
Deryk